We choose to live in Dhaka because we love this city. I share this post because I refuse to live in despair. I refuse to believe that watching 4 men kicking a young woman is something we have to get used to. I refuse to believe that all who stood there and watched represent who we are as people.


As seen on Facebook from a young woman who was part of the incident. Attacked in broad daylight on Dhaka University premises by four young students. Students. Dhaka University. Can we make sense of this as a one-off incident?

Will we again turn a blind eye to the latent maladies of our endless lawlessness, our political disease, our corruption and lack of morals?

As I've seen it, we like lying to ourselves over and over again, and choose to exercise short-term memory and make deals with the justice system.

Press coverage on this so far:
http://www.banglamail24.com/news/2014/11/05/id/86916/