'baal' is the word in hindi for hair, but in our language its the slang for pubic hair. Also it serves as a medium for many for the release of frustration, like the use of 'shit' almost, from English. but we dare not say it in front of anyone but friends, its not as popular as 'shit'. I could get away with saying 'shit' but not 'baal'.

A friend once tried to use 'hagu', a literal translation of 'shit' to bangla, in everyday speech. He came up with phrases like 'haga diyna' to substitute 'i don't give a shit'.

anyway, i was having an avalanche of words in my head last night and i was trying to write a song with them... in the end i ended up with prose that probably cannot be put into a song, and i dare not call it poetry. i named it 'baal' and dedicated it to two of my friends who i was missing all of a sudden. they would usually be the first to sample my songs. they would be my thesaurus and dictionary and translator of english and thoughts..whatever. my vocabulary is shamefully low... english or bangla.

i went to the Gothenburg city library again yesterday. Returned the first book that amiga Alma had shoved at my face (kindly suggested) ... it was Factotum by Charles Bukowski... which i liked a lot.. it was a simple experience, didn't have to run to the dictionary or think .. deeply. :) This time i got Erasure/Fuck by Percival Everett, Nickelback's Live At Home DVD and a comic by Harvey Pekar and Robert ...someone.... the time at the library was almost like swimming. I put my head under the water... swim around, and then peek for air and go back in.... I kinda dragged Quamruzzaman bhai in with me too.. he ended up getting membership and borrowed this atlas on europe and a bangla book! this library seems to have a collection of many foreign books!

I read the comic first... not the whole of it of course... just till i fell asleep! then after finishing dinner preparations watched Nickelback. I think they suck mildly. they have good riffs and all.. but lyrics wise... and performance wise... not great. Chad has a great voice though.

And after struggling on my guitar for a while.. i went to bed and started reading on the novel. Last thing i remember was getting amused and at the same time thinking about why i was reading someone's made up story.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.